January 28, 2009

Los Angeles, I'm Yours

I went to California. 3,400 miles, two airplanes, about five bucks and one suitcase thrown together with clothes I borrowed from Kelly: I'm in Los Angeles. If you ride a plane for the first time, going across the entire United States by yourself is an adrenaline rush that I assume is about the equivalent to that of a three day coke binge. Actually if it wasn't for the TV director I met in Charlotte, I would still be walking aimlessly around LAX trying to find my luggage. Pathetic. Of course, I didn't plan this in the least. Well, I did spend a good hour on finding clothes and a ride to the airport and friends to stay with in LA. Still, not much of a scheme. Honestly, I think E was more than a little drunk when he bought the ticket. Best gift ever. Props.
Today, I went to Hollywood Blvd and made my friend A look for the Katherine Hepburn star. We walked for about an hour before finding it. Then I went to this store and bought quintessential "tourist" things like a Hollywood key chain, heart sunglasses, and Marilyn Monroe postcards. Fun, fun. I've met some crazy people, ate at In-and-Out burger, and got stuck in rush hour traffic so I've had half of the experience. Now, I just have to go see Hedwig on the big screen, take a yoga class, and make a trip to Venice Beach and I will be officially... gone. Oh, and I think I might see J on Saturday...cool!
I went to a Chelsea Lately taping today and Katy Perry was the guest. She looked a lot hotter wearing that egg costume in Charlotte. Either way.. oh! and I totally gave Chuy a hug. I can't believe it's my last night here.

No comments: