February 17, 2009

Jarred Checks Out


I texted my friend Jarred today. He didn't answer so I signed on his facebook. That's where I found out that a couple days ago, he accidentally overdosed and died. Jarred and I only partied a couple times. Most of which included loud jam bands and Pabst Blue Ribbon. I met him because he was wearing purple pants and I used to scream at him when he walked past the windows at Macado's, this bar I worked at in Boone. He moved back to his hometown, Asheville and is partly responsible for pushing me over the edge to re-apply. He was my only friend at UNC-A. I'm going to miss the guy and the handful of fun times we had together but what I'm really upset about is the fun times we were going to have together in the future if he hadn't died. He was 20 years old. That's too young. Jarred looked, loved, and partied like Elvis. He even died like him. I leave you with a quote from Jarred's facebook profile:

"I thank you jesus for my mama and I thank you bitches for my money"



No comments: